TMEA is an organization of over 11,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education. TMEA comprises five divisions: Band, Orchestra, Vocal, Elementary and College. TMEA leaders carefully monitor the actions of all state decision-making bodies on issues affecting fine arts instruction. Learn more...
The TMEA Clinic/Convention features over 320 clinics, product showcases, and music showcases. Find out what convention attendees want to learn about, and submit your proposal online before June 1 deadline.
HB5 Implementation Resources (4/16/2014)
Stay updated with these resources to help you navigate HB5 implementation for you and your students.
Learn more about current restrictions on pulling students out of K–12 classes for remediation. Updated with a letter to superintendents from State Board of Education Vice-Chairman Thomas Ratliff.
The April 2014 issue of Southwestern Musician is now available. Issues from the last two volumes are also available.
- Volunteer with TMEA
- 2015 Convention Proposals
- 2014-15 Band Audition Books (4/15 8 am)
- 2014-2015 Orchestra Audition Books (4/15 8 am)
- 2014 Convention
- All-State Rosters
- Honor Band
- Honor Orchestra
- Distinguished Administrator Award Nomination
- TMEA Policies
Advertising & Exhibits
Proud to Support
- Texas Association of Music Schools
- Texas Music Administrators Conference
- Texas Music Adjudicators Association
- Texas Jazz Educators Association
- Phi Beta Mu - Alpha Chapter
- Mu Omicron